Sunday, May 13, 2007

Stop iPhoto from Launching when you Connect your Camera

It took me a bit of digging to find this, so I thought I may as well spread the word here. I've started using Adobe Lightroom for managing my photos, but every time I connect my camera or card reader to import photos, iPhoto would launch, and I couldn't figure out where I could change that. I finally discovered that the setting is in the Image Capture application. Run that, then go to Preferences and you'll find it there. Why they wouldn't also put it in iPhoto, Lightroom, or even on a preferences panel is beyond me.

16 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!! IT HELPED ME A LOOOOT!!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank god for google and for you. that auto launch was driving me mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quick to find this thread and kill the auto iPhoto import! Thank you from me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OS X thinks the iPhone is a camera and was launching iPhoto every time I synced. Thank you for finding this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG thank you soo much I was so sick everytime I plugged my camera in bloody iPhoto popped up :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I sure wish the people who designed iLife had made this easier, it's a big nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many thanks !
    It almost save my life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect! Thank you for having a quick answer to this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOD! Thanks!

    The iPhone auto-launch thing was so irritating, I thought I was going to have an aneurism. Thanks for digging this one up!

    thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for posting this info. Apple should make it easier, especially with the iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks super helpful...... I hate iphoto.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So does anyone know why the camera doesn't come up on my finder under devices? I've turned off the auto launch and it is still not showing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was driving me nuts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank fuck for that!I hated that soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete